- In the beginning...
- While I was working for Pentagram Design, New York, Oprah Winfrey chose my design for her television show identity. Obviously, this wasn't the beginning of my career. But it was the breakthrough I needed to really establish myself in the business and design communities.
- Then suddenly...
- January 1991. I was flying from Amsterdam to Bangkok on a photo shoot for IBM. At 1 a.m., my plane flew over the United Arab Emirates--one hour after the Persian Gulf War had broken out.
- Later, we flew from Bombay to Moscow, arriving just in time to witness the first Perestroika-era march on Red Square. A hundred thousand people had gathered, mingling with cautious determination, holding their signs and expressing their political views perhaps for the first time.
- Not long afterward, I took my own small step toward independence. I left the "working for others" world and launched my own design business in San Francisco.
- And finally...
- The Internet. Another new beginning. Another global adventure with unlimited possibilities. Another chance to break through with exciting concepts and great design.
- Visit Long Design to view additional project work from our portfolio.
electric minds |
virtual community center |
world wide jam |
edge tech |
Any questions? We have answers.